Friday, November 11, 2011

Gold Leaf Acorn Accent


For this regal looking masculine card I used gold leaf  (GLRG Red and Gold Gold Leaf) from QKR Stampede to give their Acorn Accent color.  

I used VersaMark as the ink poured on the Sticky Powder (look the right of the page) and heated just enough to make the white disappear and this became my adhesive. Spread the gold leaf over the image and press down then us use a brush (I used a toothbrush) to remove the gold leaf from the open areas. A very easy process and it gives a nice rich look to the card.

For the background panel I cut two colors the same size and taped them together on the back side then run it through the Cuttlebug to emboss with the Fleur Dis Lis embossing folder attached the border layer then added the brads.

Images: QKR Stampede - 19403 Acorn Accent

Papers: unknown medium grey, copper decorative paper, Canson hunter green navy heavy paper, Treasures navy cardstock for image

No comments:

Post a Comment